Thursday, January 14, 2010

Comfort vs. Adventure

If you stick with what is comfortable your whole life, then you will have comfort but not much of a life. - Kelly Stringham original

I just found out today that I am going to Africa for a month this summer as an internship.  More specifically Kenya to help at an organization called Empowering Lives International in an orphanage.  This group has grown and been blessing lives in East Africa for years now.  I am blessed just to help out.  When I heard the voicemail in which the internship coordinator, Katie, told me I was going to be working with them this summer I danced around my apartment and then I told everyone in my status on facebook, and then I danced some more.  I am really excited for this.  I think it is going to be life changing.  I want to cry I am already looking forward to being a servant of Christ to the orphans.  The best part is that I know the people at ELI want my journey there to be God-centered and will do everything in their power to keep me focused.

I am so thankful for this opportunity.  I think I just might dance some more! :)


1 comment:

  1. Yay Kelly...I just danced for you!

    ReplyDelete