Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Apartment and Semester

The basics:  I just moved into a new apartment with my friend (aka brother I never had) Chris and I started school this week.

Living with Chris so far has been FUN.  We have most of the same friends and having people over is a treat.  He even planned a dinner with the female "D's" to thank them for letting him stay at their humble abode while he was for lack of a better term homeless.  Teaching Dannica how to play "Guess Who?" with  Debbie and Dalynn was so much fun.  Chris and I are respectful of each other's wishes for the most part.  It's a good thing we got going, so I guess I'm just saying I am very happy with my current living situation.

My feature writing class started on Tuesday, but I really wished it started the week before so my story for the University Art Museum exhibit wouldn't have been completely trashed.  It is no one's fault but my own, the diversions editor tried so hard to get me to write something printable.  I completely forgot all the rules of journalism and simply wrote something from the press release.  I forgot to get any quotes from any sources that may be interesting.  Anyway, sometimes it takes failure to remember how to succeed and my next feature pieces I hope will be better crafted.



Anyways, I will leave you with "the shower cap incident" which is basically what happens when Dalynn sleeps over at our apartment and we all feel a little silly.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment